Friday, March 23, 2007

Yup

At times, it's really hard to describe to other Americans why we have such a bad image overseas. Having born the burden of this image on more than one occasion, I can tell you that it's deeply ingrained, and not for no good reason. Bush is the obvious culprit du jour, but really it goes so much deeper. It's really because people insist on behaving like this. I could really rant about the intolerant, ignorant, self-indulgent, cult of non-responsibility that's grabbed a hold of a good portion of this nation with a grip that would make and orangutan jealous. But, I won't. I just won't go there. Because, at the end of the day you a) can't change it, and b) when put into the form of a video clip can be damn amusing.
Seriously, you really must watch the video. And keep in mind, the behavior exhibited by the US residents is all completely voluntary. This is really how people find it acceptable to behave. No, really, it is.
And people wonder why my husband and I have fantasies of living as ex patriots.

No comments: