Monday, March 26, 2007

Bitten

Completely gratuitous house photo

It's not even the end of March and I've been bitten by a mosquito. No, really, and it's not the first time this year. More than two weeks ago I got bitten once and killed two mosquitoes in our front yard. Last night I was sitting on our porch with some friends and zap, another one got me. This does not bode well for the rest of this year.

What in the hell did I do to deserve such nasty creatures (not that I don't have at least a handful of guesses), and why, oh why, must Indiana have such an obnoxious variety? In Michigan we had this humongous, loud, easy to spot and kill variety. At least you could see them coming. Here, we've got this tiny, little exotic species that can get a hold of you and have a good long drink before you've really noticed. You just don't stand a chance. In my opinion, any creature that can make a normally composed adult jump and flail like a dance hall full of men whose leiderhosen have shrunk in situ, should be smote at the species level.

I wonder what August will be like?

PS - gratuitous home photo was chosen because I keep thinking of all the yard work that's coming up. I'll post an after photo once we get the flower beds back up to par.

No comments: