Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Yeah, I got it.

I'd like to conduct a small poll. After realizing that you are essentially raising yourself, when does one opt to jump off the bridge?
For your consideration, I give you this week's newest language developments (keep in mind that she's 22 months old - imaging what we'll get by 3):
  • when Dad tries to wake her up, he gets a groggy "what?"
  • when I try to help her with her napkin, I get an oh-so-slightly testy, "yeah, I got it."
  • when I tell her it's time to get pajamas on I hear "well, just a minute"
  • when I ask if she wants to go outside to play, "in a second, I'm cookin"
  • constantly, "come on, Daddy, come on"
  • while I'm driving (and I'm a very good driver. no, really) "fareful Mommy, fareful"
Who, exactly, has enrolled my toddler in assertiveness training? Clearly she gets none of this from me (except perhaps, all of it.) How hardwired is this stuff, 'cause I'm in for more trouble than I'm up for.
Last but not least, I must shed one single tear in farewell to Keira's current classroom. I've tried to be thoughtful about this next big transition. After much consideration, angst, and deliberation, I finally decided that we should start transitioning to the next classroom. She's simply just too much older than most of the other kids in her current room. Preparing myself for a couple of weeks of transition and some hiccups along the way, this morning we dove into the move and she spent time visiting her new classroom. Need I have bothered? I come to pick her up and, I quote, "yeah, I go twos now. Play with friends, play outside. Bye bye babies."
Yep, bye bye babies, sniff, sniff...

2 comments:

knitting pirate librarian said...

Really... I can't see where she would get any of this.

I bet mom is cracking up right now.

Anonymous said...

hey rox its definately hardwired into them. Im mean Baylee has all the 'tude of a teeneager without all the perks that go with it. I have no idea where she gets it!.....lol As my mom says and I'm sure your mom has said "she is her mother's daughter" Where did our parents get all this wisdom....and why didnt they let us in on this little "secret" before we had kids! Keira is a doll. Take care. JIll