Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Insanity? Why Yes, Don't Mind If I Do


Ever come up with an idea and think, "wow, am I going to regret this later," and then sally forth to execute the exact same idea. Nope? Just me? Figures.

I've been contemplating exactly how we want to celebrate the two year anniversary of keeping one small person alive for two whole years. An accomplishment that's even more impressive when you realize that I've wanted to strangle the little dear no less than a dozen times - today.

At any rate, this morning when I dropped of the lil' darlin' the subject of her birthday came up and her three closest little friends piped up, "Birfday? Keiwa Birfday? Oh, birfday party, birfday party." and I said, "Okay." We'd been contemplating a party anyway, but we want to have a big summer shindig so we'd hoped to keep the birthday to a dull roar. No dice says the hoard.

So, I am willingly and with open eyes planning a birthday party for a mass of screaming two year olds who bite, have trouble sharing, and love each other to bits.

It will be the best of times, it will be the worst of times... wish me luck.

3 comments:

knitting pirate librarian said...

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!

So as I wipe the tear away from my eye, I have to ask about the big summer shindig.

Roxane said...

We think we're finally going to do a *real* party again. Probaby in June, possibly in August. We'll do open house during the day for friends with kids, drinks and fun for adults only after dark. Much, much fun will be had.

knitting pirate librarian said...

I'll be there after dark. :)