Thursday, March 8, 2007

Cupcake Hat




Whew! One more project done. This one is all finished, blocked, and ready to be shipped off tomorrow morning. It's been done for a bit, but I hadn't yet had time to photograph the hat. I turned out really cute, if I do say so - but I only knitted it, I didn't design it. The photo on the left shows off the adorable shaping.

The yarn I used was Rowan Baby Soft, not the best choice for this pattern as it really would have benefited from a much springier yarn. Ah well, I'll have to find something else to do with my immense stash of Baby Soft. Anyone have any ideas?
If you like the pattern, you can find it on www.slumberland.org
It's "worthware," so at some point I guess I'll need to go pay her $5.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

It came out really cute! I like the way it looks with the buttons in the middle of each flower. :)

Roxane said...

Thanks Wendi! I had a lot of fun with the hat. The buttons are actually to hide the fact that my flowers didn't seem to turn out as cute as yours.

Unknown said...

They look just fine, don't worry. And I like the blue flower!

I'm kind of amazed how similar the Rowan yarn looks to the yarn I used.