Thursday, April 5, 2007

What the &$%@ Is Up with Today?

One of the following is true:
1) I really need a vacation
2) The universe has come completely out of alignment
3) Today was designated as national *&$% on Roxane day
4) Some random combination of all of the above

Somehow, I feel that the correct answer is likely to be #4.
I do truly need a vacation, but everyone I spoke to today was having the most rotten, f-ed up day, ever. Although could it have been the plume of smoke rolling out of my ears that set the tone? I may never know. You see, I hide my thoughts so well that I'm certain no one could tell that I was ready to jump off of the building (read: justifiable homicide never sounded so rational.)
Is it just me, or is it true that every once in a while, a larger-than-normal portion of people all opt to behave particularly badly on the same day? If it isn't just me, and all of you contend with just such people from time to time, I've developed a unique, four-step program (who has time for 12 steps). Follow these simple steps for relief:
  1. Plan a day off, a long weekend, mini-break, or your next vacation [Check]
  2. Drink at least 3 beers [Check]
  3. Think of 3 things that you'd really like to have happen to anyone who's crossed your path today [Check, Check, Check, and Check]
  4. Rant for at least 2 minutes [Of all the pain in the a$%, mother $%^$#@@# days, why did you b%$###s decide to all crawl up my nose today? Didn't your meaningless, self-involved, drama-soaked lives offer enough entertainment for you today? Have I not reached a point where I can opt not to bother listing to the whining drivel that spews out of your mouths? -Check]

Ah, that's much better.

No comments: