Monday, April 16, 2007

Toddler Glasses


It absolutely rocks that when you have a kid, you actually get to be a kid again. Well, vicariously at least. Seeing things in a whole new light is hysterical. Recently, I've learned that having a boy hiding in your food isn't necessarily bad, and that you don't need a potty or a diaper if you're just a little poopy (which was, for the record, the understatement of the millennium.)

I broke down and just couldn't do dinner one night. Chad was out for guy's movie night so it was off to McDonald's. We went, we hamburgered, we played. On the way home, Keira decided to talk about her Happy Meal toy, which happened to be a doll from the Wizard of Oz. "Mommy, my boy (referring to her new little doll.)" "Keira's boy." "My boy hidin', mommy. Boy hidin' in my food." To me, the idea of a very small boy hiding in my food is a bit disturbing. Apparently, as a toddler, it's just one more mysterious way that toys come to be in your possession. Hell, if eggs can make their way outside, down to the park, and hide, why can't a little boy end up in your Happy Meal?

And the little poopy story, you ask? I'm on the phone with my Mom and I see Keira 'working' on something. This goes on for a couple of minutes, and I ask her if she needs a new diaper. She looks over ever so casually and says, "No mommy, it's just a little poopy. No diaper, mommy."