Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Now, For Something Completely Different




Hmmm, I still can't decide if I have quite enough projects going, so this past week Chad and I decided to add some more. We came to the conclusion that if we waited for the time to be right for the mega-remodel, that we'd just never do it. So, without further ado, we've jumped into planning the remodel. The kitchen and two full baths, possibly adding on to the back of the house, some structural correction, and if I have my way - a back deck too.


And when I say kitchen and two baths, I don't mean in any way that there is anything about any of these rooms that's in the least bit salvageable. From the ceiling to the floor and everything in between, including wiring and plumbing, these rooms are a disaster. So, we'll be gutting and starting fresh. This past year my neighborhood became an historically protected neighborhood so now there are all these extra steps that we'll have to go through (ultimately a very good thing, but right now a royal pain in the ass.) Undoubtedly, I'll update you from time to time on my progress (read: spew expletives.)


So, here is the current project list:

  1. Meet with Historic Preservation Commission
  2. Meet with financial advisor
  3. Meet with mortgage broker
  4. Identify several potential contractors
  5. Meet with contractors
  6. Hire contractor
  7. Set schedule for remodel
  8. one knit baby doll coat
  9. one knit afghan (well, half of one anyway)
  10. one knit baby blanket
  11. one knit child's sweater
  12. one felted evening bag
  13. two felt advent calendars (approx 3 feet tall each!)
  14. four necklaces
  15. one mother's bracelet
  16. wrap approximately 20 Christmas gifts
  17. Keira's first scrapbook
  18. At least 5 photo albums worth of photos to organize
  19. sew a shirt
  20. sew curtains
  21. paint my bedroom
  22. redecorate my bedroom
  23. install one new set of built-in cabinets
  24. clean up, refresh, and mulch 2 more flower beds
  25. tear out two beds, augment the soil, and replant

No comments: