Tuesday, May 22, 2007

And So It Begins

The countdown that is. I'm officially, and finally getting excited about the release of Book 7. Don't get me wrong, the minute the publication date was announced I ordered my copy of Deathly Hallows (for the record, I ordered two copies because Chad and I can't share.)
But now, I'm itching to reread the series to get ready for the finale. Not just the finale, but the release of the movie Order of the Phoenix.
Harry Potter isn't your thing? You scoff at the idea of reading these kid's books? Ha, I say thee. Okay, that was over the top, but seriously, if you've not yet given it a shot you really should. I too was a lame-ass and laughed at the idea of Potter-mania, but a wise fellow editor told me, "either read the books or shut up." Since clearly, I'm not one to shut up, I took up the gauntlet and have been hooked ever since. The last train to Hogwarts is leaving, all aboard!

PS - I've now knit two Gryffindor hats for our charity knit along! Wish me luck on a third.

2 comments:

knitting pirate librarian said...

Puh-lease. Scoff at the idea of reading kid's books?

Actually, I got my hands on the Book 7 promo material since I'm throwing the Harry Potter party at my library. It's really cool! It's very secretive and I can only release little bits every two weeks.

Roxane said...

Oh! You tease!