Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Further Evidence

For all of you crafty gals, I'd just like to point out that Keira is reading a recent KnitPicks catalog!

Her first words, walking, first numbers, full sentences - all of these came oh, so easily to Keira. So why, I wondered, was she having so much trouble with colors. Everything was blue. Next, everything was green or purple, often both at the same time. She seemed to know color words, but couldn't seem to apply them correctly. I worried that she might be color blind, and even asked her pediatrician about it. And then, I caught her showing off her knowledge of colors to someone else.

She's been messing with me.

She turned two less than a month ago and she's having me on. A few nights ago, she had her yellow bath crayon* and here's the conversation that ensued:

Me: "What color is your crayon, Keira?"

K: "Ummm, black."

Me: "Nooooo, that's not black. What color is it?"

K: "Light green." She says emphatically, and in all seriousness.

Light green. Light, f*&%ing green. Hmmmmmmm

*For those of you without kids, yes there are actually crayons made specifically for the bath

No comments: