Monday, May 5, 2008

Away We Go!

She's three! Despite her best efforts to get either Chad or I to do her in, she's made it to three. If she weren't so freakin' cute, I think she'd be history. I think it's payback. She was an exceptionally easy baby, if you don't count the not sleeping till she was 9 months old part. She's ornery, stubborn, clever, and willful. And yet, from time to time, she can be the sweetest, most endearing girl. 
I think that it's a built-in survival mechanism. It goes something like this:
  • Friday, 8:00 am, spend 1/2 an hour throwing a screaming tantrum on the floor because Dad unrolled her socks
  • Friday, 8:30 am, spend another 1/2 hour saying "no way!" to Mommy about the size of bites I cut
  • Friday, 9:00 am, spend an hour running around the house, refusing to listen. We especially like the "if mommy wants me to do it, I'll do the very opposite game." This generally consist of things like taking clothes off, rather than putting them on.
  • Friday, 10:00 am, spend two brutal hours making our way from store to store on errands.
  • Friday, 3:00 pm, just got up from a nap, "Mommy, Grandma and Grandpa are here!!!! Now, you and I both have our mommies here. You and I both have our daddies here. I'm so happy!"
You get the picture - almost kill her, almost kill her, almost kill her, awwww she's so cute! Repeat - all day, dawn to dusk. I, for one, am exhausted.  

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This sounds very familiar - glad to know we are not alone! I hope mine makes it to four... Katy Schmaltz Chapman