Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Misery Loves Company


*
How did I not realize that there is an entire land of people blogging about old home renovation - seriously, how could I miss that? Remedial though my search may be, I stumbled across this gem of a blog
The tagline for the blog reads, "We call it home IMPROVEMENT because it can't get any worse." Amen, sister. I'm going to add that to my voyeur list for the time being. 
Our little project (yes, I'm being sarcastic when I say little) is getting off the ground right about......now. So, I think that I will be having quite a bit to say about it in the coming weeks. For now, I'll start with our kitchen lighting, which I think is going to be something along the scheme shown above. 
Our first step is to apply for a Certificate of Appropriateness - which I fully intend to frame. When you read this, you must say Certificate of Appropriateness in a fashion worthy of Monty Python. Fortunately, our contractors find this just as amusing as we do - so we know that we're all playing for the same team - so to speak.  
*photo was ripped shamelessly from Rejuvenation, which will receive compensation for said use when we throw buckets of money their way for the lighting fixtures that I feel I must lust after. 

No comments: