Friday, February 22, 2008

Linguistic Inquisitiveness


I absolutely love being the test market for Keira's new phrases and vocabulary. She hears something new, mulls it over for a while. Then, when you're least expecting it, she gives it a test run. This past week, she came out with a real gem. 
She's just now starting to wear underwear, and even though she insists on trying to put them on without help, she usually pauses once she has her feet in the leg holes to ask me if she has them on right side front. 
This occasion being no exception, she gets her undies part way on, pauses, then looks up at me and asks, "Is this how I roll?" And yes, she really meant it as in 'yo MTV rap, bling out my crib - is this how I roll. 
Pausing for just a second I said, um yep, they're on the right way. I'm getting much better at collapsing into fits of giggles in an entirely internal fashion. tee hee - that's just how I roll. 

1 comment:

knitting pirate librarian said...

That's hilarious. I'm still trying to think of some fun phrases that I can teach her next time I come for a visit.