Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Addiction


As if we needed another thing to add to our to-do list, we can now count ploughing through the entire Harry Potter series on audio book as yet another activity to cram into our days. 
Yet, I'm not complaining since there are a couple of clear benefits. First, this just has to be better for you than watching television. Second, by nature, it leaves your hands free, allowing me time to work on other things (which, you of course know would be crafts or re-organizing our desk.) 
For those of you who have never tried sampling any of the Harry Potter books on CD, all I can say is, try it, you'll like it. One of my coworkers has been telling me for years to give them a shot, and this Christmas I got book one on CD from Chad. It's superb - Jim Dale does an unbelievable job of bringing the stories to life without being the least bit campy, and it's a delight to listen to. 
So, if anyone has any Christmas request for next year, get them in now : ) We've just started book four, and if my math skills haven't failed me, I have approximately 90 hours of craft time ahead of me. 

No comments: