Saturday, October 20, 2007

Full Frontal Assault on Christmas

Nope, it' not an angry rant, as the title of this post would suggest. Instead, I thought it might be worth mentioning that it is now officially just 64 days until Christmas; which subsequently means that there are only 34 days until the international packages need to ship out.
After spending much of the last holiday season either in a blind panic or up to my elbows in last minute preparations, I vowed that this year, I would work year-round, one gift, project, or hand-craft at a time, so that by the time that Thanksgiving rolls around I can just sit back, relax, and do some rather cliched - yet fun- activities like baking cookies and decorating the tree.
All of this rather begs the question, where am I now? As of January 1, we had 59 people on our list. At present, 24 have been checked off my list, and 9 of these people's gifts are alread wrapped. Three hand-knit pieces are half-way done and bits and pieces will wrap up another 13 people - which I think I'll have time to wrap up this week, if not this weekend. That gets us over the half-way mark, with 31 days to go before Thanksgiving. I've pawned three people off on Chad, and know what I'm going to do for another 9 people. That just leaves 10 people to check off the list, which is less than three per week. All in all, I think that's pretty good.

PS - Becky - the count is 27 out of 36.

No comments: