Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Ham-a-Rama

As I pumped gas today, the sign above the pump exclaims - Ham-A-Rama! Your Choice!!!
No, seriously! I can choose my Ham-a-rama -not just a ham - but a ham-a-rama all my very own? Surely, it seems just too good to be true. Oh, but it is - true that is.
Why, oh why, must people who communicate on behalf of companies and small businesses insist on making up words? It's not as if English is somehow lacking in vocabulary. That there aren't already a sufficient number of words to describe anything that could possibly come along, ever.
Are we just that bored? Are people who make signs just that ignorant of the range and depth of the words already available? Well, okay, that's actually my guess, but somehow it seems bitchy to say. Oops, I said it.

No comments: