Thursday, November 29, 2007

Outsmarted!


Q: What do you do when your toddler outwits your husband?
A: Laugh maniacally, then post about it on your blog so everyone can share in the fun. tee hee.
So, Chad and Keira love to wind each other up. That's nothing new. A week or so ago, Keira was singing the ABC song and at the end, sings "now I know my ABCs" when Chad jumps in with "No, they're my ABCs."
For several days, the two of them go back and forth with a mostly constant stream of "my ABCs," "no, my ABCs" and so on. Thanksgiving day, Chad starts in again. Keira marches into the kitchen, pulls two of her magnetic alphabet toys off of the fridge. She brings them into the dining room and in front of everyone says, "see, Daddy. They're my ABCs."   Point 1, Keira. 
Tonight, Chad thinks he's gotten one over on Keira. She'd taken two of the magnetic letters off the fridge and had left them in the living room. By way of asking Keira to put them back Chad says, "Hey, Keira, can you put my ABCs back on the fridge?" Keira takes them, pauses for a minute, then hands them back to Chad. As she does so, she replies "dey your ABCs, you put it back." Point two, Keira. If Daddy knows what's good for him, he'll stop while he's ahead.

1 comment: